Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 8 February 2012

An Introduction to the Introspection

Hey, all.


So, if I sound at all familiar, it may be because you know me from my recently started my own opinion blog, The Honest Opinion Corner - which can be visited by clicking that link, or the one that exists up there in the sidebar - wherein I give my honest opinion on recently (relatively, anyway), released video games. So far, I'm enjoying trying to navigate the thoughts I have about a game in my head in order to get my opinion out in text. Getting it all from head to page can sometimes be a chore. But this, The Introspection Corner, is only tangentially related to that, in that I write them both.


The real deal behind this blog has less to do with my opinion on video games, and more to do with my introspection on them. Sometimes, there are games that strike a chord with you, but when you're trying to tell another person whether or not they should play the game, that chord bears little or no relevance. That's more or less why I'm here: to tell you how certain games made me feel. Not whether I think you should buy them or not. To keep that straight, my introspectives will usually be on older titles. Not old, per say, but older. My first, for example, is on Rage, which came out back in October. Again, not old, but a mainstream title that has already been and gone. Mainstream titles are not like indie games: indie games often sit for a while, undiscovered. Mainstream titles hit shelves, and then everyone makes up their mind about them within the first month.


Anyway, I'm rambling. Basically, what I wanted to say is that The Introspection Corner is meant to get you closer to my deeper feelings toward a game, without a 'buy,' 'rent,' or 'pass' sticker hanging inherently from the corner. Hopefully my feelings on these games will be similar to your feelings on them, or perhaps completely different, so that a discussion may be born, but that is really neither here nor there.


In short, welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment